Download the Illinois CCL Application here: https://www.ispfsb.com/
Applicants for an Illinois Concealed Carry License (CCL) must:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid FOID card OR qualify for receiving a FOID card.
- Cannot be prohibited under the FOID Act or federal law, from possessing or receiving a firearm
- No misdemeanors on record involving the threat of force/violence to anyone within 5 years of your application
- Cannot be involved in two or more offenses involving DUI within 5 years of your application
- Cannot be subject to pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for any offense that would disqualify you
- Cannot be involved with any residential or court-ordered alcohol or drug treatment program within 5 years of your application
Complete a Pistol Safety Course
- 16-hour training course
- Must complete the course for firearms training and education requirements
- Training covers areas such as firearm safety, principles of marksmanship, care, cleaning, loading/unloading of firearm, applicable state and federal laws relating to ownership, and the appropriate interaction with law enforcement when carrying a concealed firearm.